Monday, November 12, 2018

First Snow

We had our first fire of the season to go along with the first snow of the season today.

Even though the weatherman said we would get anywhere from a dusting to 5", it was still a nice surprise to wake up to a blanket of white... you just never know with our crazy Oklahoma weather. But by the time I decided to take pictures, it was already starting to melt. This is looking out the front door.


I love having the blinds open and the doors open to watch it snow and rain. It was coming down so softly and so pretty today. I saw leaves fall from the trees the same time that snow was falling! It was nice... none of us had to work or leave the house at all today. That's one good thing about homeschooling. 😉

Sweet Rich fixed breakfast for us since he was off today. Then he made a big crockpot of chili so it was nice for me to have a day off from cooking! Then this view is out the garage door, looking into the back yard. With the leaves falling, we can see more of the pond now.

When the latest iPhone update added the screen time feature, I was appalled at the amount of time I spent on my phone. Holy moly! So I've been making a conscious effort to reduce my screen time. I was pretty proud of myself for the weekly update that showed my screen time for the last week.

But still... almost 5 hours a day?? Ugh! Why have we become so dependent on our phones?

My new motto.... less technology and more relationship, more intent, more living, more purpose, more joy.

2 comments:

  1. First snow and first fire . . . that just paints a warm and cozy picture in my mind. That and chili, what's better than that. My husband loves making chili too . . . maybe i can plant a seed in his head today, LOL. I am with you on your new motto .... less technology and more relationship, more intent, more living, more purpose, more joy.
    May I join you in that? I totally agree that those are the things we need to work on each day . . . life is good when we stop and pay attention to how we are living it.
    Have a delighted day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Connie! Thank you kindly for coming to my blog and commenting. It's nice to have a new friend! Looking forward to following you =] And I hope you got some chili, hehehe~

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit ~