Thursday, November 22, 2018

Weekend in Branson, MO

I made a trip back home to Missouri this past weekend.

My sister, niece, her baby, and I went to see the beautiful lights at Silver Dollar City.  I love the barn of decorated Christmas trees... they are so gorgeous!  I put up a cardinal tree every year in my home.  It's not near as big and beautiful as this one though, ha..

It was such a clear but chilly night.  You can only imagine how the 6.5 million lights shone so brightly.  I was in awe just as much as kids.



Even though there were lots of people there, it sure didn't seem like it at times.  It was almost as if we had the place to ourselves... which added to the magic of the night.



My favorite part of the City, now that I'm older, is the shops.  I did love the rides more as a kid but I have definitely outgrown that, lol!  So it was nice to just take our time, take in the beauty of the lights and check out the shops.  Isn't this macrame just the cutest?!

You just have to keep with tradition when you go to the City... funnel cake!  My sister and I shared the sampler.  Oh MY!  Three adorable little cakes... pecan w/ maple icing (my favorite!), chocolate cake with marshmallow creme, coconut, & chocolate chips, and then oreo crushed cookies w/cream cheese icing.  All of it was so good that we made ourselves sick on it 😬

The next day, I went to Branson Market Days... a handmade and vintage show with a different sister and nieces.  We had such a great time!



They didn't want their picture made with Santa, but I made them, hehe!  How could you not with that awesome old farm truck, come on now!?  Santa was a little on the skinny side but it was a great way for us to get a group photo.

With every trip back home, it makes me miss it more and more.  😢 Thankfully, it's only about 3 hours away.  I'm going back again this weekend, as my parents always have their Thanksgiving celebration on Saturday.  Thanksgiving Day will be spent with my husband's family and our kids.

Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving weekend surrounded by those you hold dear to your heart 💛 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit ~