Saturday, January 25, 2020

Linens & Lavender

I'm a sucker for vintage linens.  Are you?  The graphics on vintage tablecloths make my heart skip a beat!  I am drawn to their gorgeous colors and beautiful patterns.  The same for vintage sheets... I love to feel their softness.  Oh, and hankies!  I am saving my favorite full color pieces to make curtains for my junk room.  Can't wait till I have enough to make even one curtain!  What about those amazing embroidered linens that can be found around here a dime a dozen.  So very sad.  I salvage ALL the ones I come across.  I try my best to clean them but if the stains just won't come out or the piece is beyond repair, then I make little lavender sachets out of them.

I had a pile of white linens that I washed but the stains did not come out.  So I put them in a tub of hot water and bleach.  I let it set overnight, stirring every 4-5 hours.  The next day I dumped it out and let them soak in a tub of hot water only, stirring every 4-5 hours.  I was amazed at how pure white they all were!  Every single piece came out clean.

I separated the plain linens from the ones with a design.  The linens with even a little design will go into the booths.  But the plain linens got a little dressed up before they went to the booths.  With lavender.  And twine.

Simple, yet elegant.  


This spring loving girl is ready for all the pretty flowers!  I was shocked to see our Daylilies already trying to push through.  I discovered these on January 8... at least one month early as we normally find shoots at the beginning of February.  We've had a warm winter this year so I'm guessing these babies are confused that we haven't had much frost yet.  I hope they survive through the rest of winter.

I hope I can survive the rest of the winter. 😂  These old bones and arthritis are ready for Spring also.  It's our favorite time of the year! Stay warm and cozy, have a wonderful weekend~ 

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty post. I love old linens, too. They bring back memories of a simpler time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie! And yes I agree... the old linens bring back memories of a simpler time for sure. That's one of the reasons I love them so. Have a wonderful week~

      Delete
  2. Very Sweet added to my Pinterest Board... Love it...
    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me share this on your lovely blog, A neighbor of mine developed dementia & diabetes, then her husband died, no children or family nearby. I am thankful our closest neighbor, an African American woman, introduced Dr Itua Herbal Medicine, A traditional herbal doctor in which we purchased a herbal product for her through his Dr Itua online herbs store. A former social worker stepped in and led the way to place the widow in a care facility. We visit nearly every week until she finishes drinking Dr Itua herbal medicines, if possible. The two of us take simple games, puzzles, and matching cards to do with her, staying about 2 hours. Jenga, Trouble, puzzles 100pcs or less, 20 cards to match (total-not 40!). The fishing game where the fish open and shut their mouths as they go around is lots of fun! We sit and chat with her until she gets well again, then we pull out a game and the three of us laugh together as we play. We take a variety of things to do so that we won't get bored. She finished Dr Itua herbal medicines and she's fine now and doing better with the help of Dr Itua herbal medicines, Dr Itua cures different illnesses with his herbal medicines. Anyone having a sick person should reach Dr Itua email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua Cure Alzheimer's,Cancer,Parkinson,Hiv,Herpes,Hpv,Kidney disease,Diabetes,Hepatitis, We hug and hold hands a lot. Having two of us go together really helps. But I can go alone, my neighbor cannot, as she saw so much of this during her years as a social worker. I hope this specific list helps others in this situation.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit ~