Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Four years ago


April 4, 2006

Four years ago I started this blog as a photo blog.  More for sharing my pictures with my family, not really for critique.  I just love taking pictures but I'm not interested in making them photo contest quality.  For you photographers out there... sorry you had to hear that!  I had just bought my Nikon dslr and was having a blast taking pictures with my new digital camera.

Over the years, I thought about using the blog to share my thoughts.  But I thought people would think I am the craziest thing they ever met.  I am not at all eloquent with words.  No one would even read it anyway.  So I just continued using it for pictures... until I got tired of doing that.  In 2008, I only had one post for the whole year.  That's so funny!

Then in September 2009, my good friend Julie put out a challenge on her facebook for people to come join the blog world.  I hadn't even looked at mine since the previous year, although I always thought it would be fun to blog.  Those same old feelings came creeping up again.  But this time, I started checking out other blogs.  Then I realized there are lots of crazy people out there!  I'm not the only one!

So I jumped on board and instantly became addicted to blogging!  Seriously, it was an overnight addiction... I was on it all night and didn't get any sleep at all because I kept blog hopping till the next morning!  I still blame Julie for my blog addiction!  Hehe!  But it's a wonderful addiction!

I now have two blogs.  At this moment, I follow 112 blogs.  I am addicted to blogs and LOVE them so much more than facebook!  My family calls me a blog freak.  (They also call me a clean freak, organize freak, craft freak, paint freak... I think they really just think I am a freak!).  But I love them all anyway.  I told them I need a laptop for Mother's Day/my birthday so I can multi-task blog and that will free up the computer for them.  Hoping that works!

Thank you Julie for introducing me to blogging in a whole new way!  I have met so many incredible, sweet, Godly women these past few months.  Women that became instant friends and friends I believe that will be life-long!  I have so enjoyed encouraging, praying, inspiring, and brightening their days just as they have done the same for me!  I never in my wildest dreams could ever imagine such loving kindness could come from a community of women that I will more than likely never see face-to-face while on this earth. When we make to Heaven girls, I'll get my hug from you then!  =]

I'm very grateful for the precious blog community that I belong to.  I thank God for the new sisters in my life and the sisters that I have known for many, many years.  You ALL are so very precious to me and I love you dearly!  Thank you for joining me in this awesome blog world where we live, we share, we laugh, we cry, and we love.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, fellow blog freak! LOL
    What a sweet post and I'm so glad you started blogging again as you are a dear blogging friend!
    Hope you get that laptop!
    Hugs
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm not sure if I should apologize or say "you're welcome"! I think the world is a better place with your thoughts floating around in it. And I know it makes the blogger feel better to have a place to share her thoughts. It does for me!
    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one blog freak, clean freak, organize freak, and craft freak to another I am so glad you stepped into the blog world and our paths crossed. You've brightened my day so many times with your beautiful pictures and blog posts.

    I am so behind in my blog reading and I am so glad I took my lunch break to spend some time catching up on your blogs today. Thank you for all the wonderful commented you leave for me on my blog.

    Have a blessed day! Hey, I am going to mow the lawn today ;)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ...You are doing two blogs. Whew, I haven't been able to find the time to keep up with the new one I just created. lol I really love all the crafting pictures. You are so crafty and I love seeing pictures of your home. I can't wait to come for a visit!! I see so many things that I would love to do to our home, but then I remember that it isn't all that big and we have a little one now that will eventually be pulling at things before too long (Izzy loves to come visit & hear Aunt Jennifer say "no-no" every time she touches a pretty). Maybe when we get the new house built and Alyssia is a little bigger. Anywho, just wanted to say that I truly love your blog and you are an inspiration. You should open up your own 'chic' resale store. Those stores are really popular these days!!! Love ya ~jenn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit ~