Friday, May 25, 2012

My Raggedy Dolls

Hey friends, how's it going?  Thanks to those of you that checked in on me.  I'm on my 8th week of this bronchitis crap with a horrendous cough that won't go away.  Sometimes it still wipes me out.  I just don't have the time to rest like I need to.  School ended this week so that will help A LOT!  Which means my substitute teaching job ended for the school year.  Next week, I start back to Hobby Lobby part time.  I'm already dreading my first day.  After not working there for exactly two years, my boss has me working 8:00 am- till the truck merchandise is put out (basically a 12 hour day).  That is gonna wipe me out for sure, lol.  I kinda thought he would ease me in but I forgot how the store is more important than his people.  Oops!  Did I say that out loud?!  Well, it's only for two months till school starts up again.  So that's why I've been MIA and over 400 blog posts behind... much reading to catch up on, yikes!

Enough of that, time to share a few things I purchased a few months back... I am SO behind on posting.  Being a collector of Little Golden books since before my 16.5 year old was born, I HAD to buy this adorable raggedy annie from our sweet friend Julie of Polka Dot Pig Primitives.  Julie and friends just opened a store and I am so excited for her!  In their first week of being open, they sold so much stuff that they had to re-arrange the shop!!

I adore the Little Golden book fabric that raggedy annie's dress is made from.  Doesn't she look right at home with some of my collection?  Thank you Julie!!  I love her so much and you are very talented and creative to come up with something so different and cute!

Gosh, this sweet little raggedy annie I bought a few months back from our very talented friend Cyndy of Crafty Stitchers blog.  Another talented and creative gal!  What I didn't realize until this sweet doll made its way to my home is that she is completely stitched!  Her whole face and even the wording on her apron, so awesome Cyndy!!

I seriously thought this was drawn on, I can't believe it is hand stitched!  Look at how perfect it is!  Cyndy has some incredible talent in her hands!!  You need to get over to Cyndy's Etsy shop and see all the other adorable things that her amazing hands have made!  Thank you Cyndy, I love her!

Not a raggedy doll, but a sweet one.  I had to buy this little Amish beauty from back home in Missouri.  My great-aunt that passed away last year had a floral shop on main street with many, many trinkets.  A little cafe moved into the building this year and all her trinkets were still on the walls.  So as I was waiting for our food to arrive, I walked along the walls, thinking about Aunt Susie and all the things she loved and had for sale.  SO many things... from the floor to as high as you could reach... over all the walls, it was everywhere, lol!  I remember walking into her shop and she was so excited to show me all the new things.  Aunt Susie was a talker so anytime you went into her shop, it was like grab a cup of tea cause you're gonna be here for awhile.  But that's what made her so special.  It didn't matter who you were or what you looked like, Aunt Susie had time to sit down and visit with you or walk you around her shop to see all her goodies, haha!  I'm pretty sure that's where my rambling comes from... that side of the family, lol.  Anyway, I bought this little Amish doll for $1.40 (it was half off).  They just added it to our ticket... 2 Cheeseburgers, 2 fries, Amish doll, DP, and Pepsi.  I should have taken a picture of the ticket, it was quite funny.


She is small and sweet.

My raggedy Amish doll from the last post and my newest one have already found a family to love.  I think they look wonderful sitting on my dad's baby blanket on the antique children's school desk.

I was hoping for a lazy summer to craft and blog but looks like that will be in-between working and family time.  Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  I do enjoy your company so much!  I really plan to start getting caught back up on your blogs.  You are my friends and I hate when I miss that prayers were needed, birthdays and anniversaries were celebrated, special times were had.  It's so much more to me than "just getting caught up on blog reading".  It's checking in on my friends and seeing what is going on in your lives.  That's what I love about blogging!  =]

20 comments:

  1. Hi Angie,
    I've been wondering were you've been. Hope you will be better soon! You know I'm also Amish crazy, so I love the dolls. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you've been sick Angie. Wayne and I are still coughing after weeks of this allergy mess too. Spring time in FL is yucky with blooming and allergies. Yay for you working at HL again. I bet you'll be getting a lot of pretty things.
    Take care of yourself girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see you post Angie....Yeah - I know your pain - so hard to "catch up" and yet, I have such a hard time just "jumping" in because not reading everything I missed feels like I wasn't "listening" to a conversation I was invited to. Hope you kick that nasty bronchitis and soon - I've been to the ER twice in the last month with my son and the crud.... ICK..... Good luck with the HL gig... Will be thinking of you. Happy holiday weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angie!! So sorry you are STILL fighting that bug. I have heard of so many that have the same thing. I really worry about you not getting any down time to recover from it. :( Love youe amish babies--we see real ones all te time in our walmart and at the flea market. Take care of yourself sweetie!!--Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angie,

    So sorry you've been sick...don't mess around with that nasty stuff..you gotta get your rest. I'm afraid I'd owe Hobby Lobby every week if I worked there....heck I'd probably have to work for them forever..I'd be buying everything!....love your dollies..take care!..Blessings,~Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Angie. So sorry you are still sick! Goodness you are a busy lady! Love all of your goodies especially the books. I remember as a kid being so excited when we would go to town to get to pick a new book off of the spinning rack. What a fun memory. Hope you find some time for yourself to relax soon and get better! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to have you back Angie, I have been wondering where you were. It seems that bug has been around to everyone the past few months. I love your dollies and the story about your aunt. I bet it is fun to work at Hobby Lobby, I'd be thinking of all the projects to do with all the goodies they have.
    Hope you have a nice holiday weekend
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back Angie, You have been Coughs that linger can really get to you. Hoping this summer type weather will boost your immune system and help to get rid of the horrid bug. Love all your goodies. I know that Amish doll will be so special to you. Such a treat to be able to purchase it. Take care, rest this holiday weekend and enjoy it.
    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Angie, Hope you get better soon!!

    I too, have been missing from the blog world. Just tooo many irons in the fire and something had to give. I miss talking to everyone and as Cranky Crow said, I'm not listening to all the conversations and really out of the loop!!!!

    Take care and try to rest!!!

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angie glad to see you back.. Hope you get over your virus soon.. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Angie,
    Well, I haven't been on either, and now I have to try and figure this all out! LOL!
    I am sorry you are sick, that is not fun at all! I hope that you get better soon!
    And, you are right, they mostly don't care about their people, just the bottom line, that is it!
    I like your finds, and I hope that you enjoy your summer.
    Hugs,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry to hear you have been sick for so long! I hope you start feeling better soon! Love all of your little dolls!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Angie,
    Looks like you've found yourself some sweet little new 'friends' to share your home with~lol.
    I've missed seeing you on here and I know how hard it is when you have so much going on, plus family duties, etc. I hope you enjoy working again. I'm sure it's hard to get back in the swing after so long!
    Well, enjoy your goodies and your summer~I hope you get to do all the things you want to do and hopefully see ya back on here before Aug!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Angie ~ I'm so with you ~ I'm so far behind in blogland ~ I don't think I'll ever catch up.
    Love all your dolls you got and have ~ such a wonderful collection!
    Hope you get to enjoy some of your summer and don't have to work to hard.
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Being sick when summer is just beginning is the worst. I hope you have time to recover before your new job starts. How busy the summer will be:) I remember reading Golden Books as a child and my kids have a few too. That's neat that you collect them!! I love the story of the Amish doll and your Aunts shop. Did you tell the Cafe owner that all the things for sale on the walls were your Great Aunts? They should have just given it to you and whatever else you wanted to take home to remember her with too!! Your Amish doll collection is just wonderful. I like the one with the green dress. Of course, no color allowed, but she is beautiful amongst all of them:) I really hope you are able to have a fun summer besides all the working. I can't wait until my kids get out. Have a great week. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you're back. I'm sorry you're still sick. The Raggedy Annie is adorable. I didn't know anything about 'Raggedy Ann', so I googled. I found out it's a character from a children's book. Interesting. It's such a cute doll!

    We have Golden Books too.

    Take care!

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to see you posting, I'll be praying that ol' cough moves on! Love the dollies, and the picture of "friends" on your Daddy's baby quilt, oh, so sweet!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  18. Angie it is good to see you back. You have been missed. Hope you feel better soon and your job doesn't stress you too much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how I love these! Thanks so much for introducing your blog to me!! I'm always glad to hear from others. I really enjoyed your messege and would like to write more so I will email you after I rest (just spent 12 hours in the car). Have a Happy 4TH!
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have been missed. I sure hope you feel better really soon. Lots of people have had bronchitis problems this year. I love those dolls, and I love all of your items. You are in my thoughts and prayers Angie.
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit ~