Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Time, Kids, and Project City


Four months since I've been around my blog so that means I'm WAY behind on reading yours!  I was looking through my "Edit Posts" and came across a few drafts that I started with every intention of posting but it didn't quite work out that way.  Where have I been?  What have I been up to?  Do you even care?  Haha.

Well... I realized that time was passing by quickly.  I only had a few short months left to spend with just my baby boy before he starts full day Kindergarten this fall.  My blogging had always occurred during our time together.  When he asked me once if I would get off the computer and watch a cartoon with him, it hit me pretty hard and right in the face.

The little guy and I have been enjoying our mornings and evenings together, just us and let me tell you... this is what life is ALL ABOUT!  I'm so very thankful that God has allowed us to have these few months together because I know memories were made that neither one of us will forget.  More importantly, I will not have that regret that I didn't spend more time with him.

The last few months have turned our home into Project City. Don't get me wrong... I'm not complaining about the many "projects" each of my kids have been assigned (I counted 12 between the 3 kids in only five months).  I love seeing the creativity come alive in them without our prodding.  It's awesome to see their little minds work out the details and the joy it brings them when they've "got it!".  Because I love my kids and they are so much of my life, I just wanted to share one picture of each of them with their awesome projects that they all achieved with little to no help from us.

Ryan got an "A" of course on this awesome Catapult for his Science class.  It had to launch a tennis ball at least 5 feet.  You can see that yellow dot flying through the air and landing 18 feet out!  He was so stinkin' proud, as was his parents!  Dad is out there holding the tape measure.

Little Miss Amariah and her friend did such an amazing job on their Rubber Band Powered Vehicle for Science class that they received the privilege of taking it to the Tulsa Engineering Challenge.  The girls were the only two-girl team in the contest amongst lots of boys.  I was so proud of them as they showed them boys that Girls Rule!  Not only did they take first place in their division and win $100 to share, but they also beat last year's record by 12 feet!  Their little car went 71' 8".  Of course, we were proud parents!  Amariah is in the red hoodie.

Last but not least, little Robbie had so much fun making his dinosaur diorama.  He was naming the dinosaurs with their long names and pronouncing them perfectly.  I was shocked that he listened so well in class.  He really enjoyed making this with his dad and dad enjoyed it too!

It's been quite a year already and quite a busy year already.  My laptop clock just hit 12:01 AM 6/1/2011.  Can you believe that?  Time is fleeting.  I hope you are taking charge of your time and spending it with your family and friends but more importantly... take time to live for Jesus!  The May 21 end of the world prediction was wrong as we all knew it would be but I do believe that our time on this earth is short.  Spread not only the love of Christ, but the Good News about His saving grace.  Share with someone this week your testimony of what He has done for you.

I'm grateful for time that God has given to me to teach my kids about His love, His mercy, and even time to just hang out and laugh with them.  There really is nothing sweeter.

Have a delightful week my friends!  Now that school is out for the summer, I hope to visit your blogs and see what you have been up to.  =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a visit ~