Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My First Ever Swap!!

I have an exciting post today... well exciting for me, hehe!  After all these years of blogging and watching you all swap away, I finally joined my first ever swap!  It was so exciting, yet SO nerve-wrecking, lol.  I'll admit... I was very nervous and so anxious to hear from my blog partner whether she liked my goodies or not.

I joined Tammy from A Primitive Place's envelope swap last month.  My swap partner was Linda from Country Pickin's.  I had been already been following Linda's blog for awhile and let me tell you... I was nervous!!  Linda is a seasoned swapper, haha!  Thankfully, she is also a true sweetheart and instantly made me feel comfortable.  Thank you Tammy for pairing me up with sweet Linda!!

Look at this adorable bunny made by Linda!  Her name is Hester.  See how much I love her... she has a special place in my chair!  =]

I love her so much Linda, thank you!!  She is my one and only prim stuffed bunny!  A close up of her little apron, isn't it darling?

A beautiful saying on this wonderfully prim plate and stand that fits perfectly on my old sewing machine cabinet in the family room.

I mentioned to Linda that I am changing over my living room to primitive patriotic and she made this awesome pillow!  Love the colors and the saying!  Again... perfect Linda, thank you!!

Also to go in my living room, this beautiful penny mat!  Just right, don't you think?  Linda did great!  =]

Linda also made these wonderfully delicious smelling tarts!
Caramel Apple and Cinnamon Roll... YUM!!  Not only do they smell delicious, but they are packaged so cute!

Thank you Tammy for pairing me up with Linda!  Linda, thank you dearly from the bottom of my heart for such a special swap!  You have made my first swap experience such a wonderful treat, I appreciate you girl!  Thank you for everything, it is perfect and I LOVE it all~

31 comments:

  1. Wow Angie, You got some really neat items in your swap. I am so proud of you for joining in on a swap. I have NEVER and keep saying I am going to give it a try. Guess I'm just a little "chicken" to try it. Love the bunny, the plate, candle mat, pillow, and I just LOVE a good smelling tart. I can see why you were excited. Enjoy the items and have a great evening.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I didn't even know there was such a thing called a "swap". Looks like fun! Your items are really sweet :D Is it like what others call "parties" or "exchanges"?
    Susan Montgomery

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun huh? maybe one of these days I will get the guts to join in on a swap too ! you got some fun stuff !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, oh my! You really got some special goodies in your first swap!1 Amazing how much can fit in an envelope!! I almost joined a swap but chickened out--I may have to make the leap!--smiles, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Angie, Linda sent some great goodies for you! (only ONE bunny?!) LOL ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Angie, you really received some wonderful swap goodies!!! That bunny is darling!
    Hope to see you join more swaps!!!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Angie:
    You sure did get a seasoned swapper, Linda's work is beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a great swap partner, you got some great goodies. Love that bunny. Now you be swap-addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Angie,
    You got some great goodies!! I did this swap too...and it was so much fun. Wasn't it amazing that so many things could fit into a padded envelope!
    hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful swap goodies!
    Thanks so much for joining in on the swap.
    Hugs,
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful swap goodies form Linda! I love, love, love, Hester!! Wow - given all your creativity and productivity, I would have thought you a seasoned swapper! I only did one once - a traveling swap - it truly was fun (except I heard it didn't end well b/c folks started putting in non-crafted items, etc.) But I don't do enough crafting to be able to participate in most swaps...Truly doing enjoy seeing others exchanges though....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Angie, those items are amazing. The bunny is adorable, right up my alley! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog.

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what awesome goodies. Love it all. I bet those tarts smell heavenly! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Angie

    Love all your swap goodies how neat

    Have a great day
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful goodies Linda sent you - Hope you decide to do more swaps - as a matter of fact, I have one going on now and I'd love to have you join...why not check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. glad you had such a wonderful experience. I don't do swaps because I don't "create". All of your goodies were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Angie,
    I can't believe you've never done a swap before! Well, now you'll be hooked. Linda sent you wonderful goodies~ the great thing about swaps is every time you see items in your home you think of the talented person whom gifted you. And it makes your home so warm feeling.
    Enjoy your goodies!
    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun! You got some great gifts. I have never swapped before either, I'm pretty new to all of this so I think I might wait til I'm a bit more seasoned...lol. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Angie your swap goodies are just fab.. Swapping is the best fun and I bet this swapping lark will not be your last.. Hugs X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woooohoooo what wonderful treasures you got. Oh how fun.
    Oh caramel apple...what a wonderfully sweet sound - I imagine you smelled it before you got the package opened.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Angie! Everything is adorable!
    It must have been like Christmas morning for you to open up all those wonderful gifts! The bunny is really cute with that apron!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow..very nice and I Love prim Bunnies. That was a fun swap. I never did many swaps but the few I have done lately were fun and I am signed up to do 2 more now :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great swap items, she sure did spoil you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice swap Angie. I am too nervous to enter a swap right now. I am glad you jumped in with the courage. What wonderful things Linda sent you. I LOVE the bunny:) Ha Ha. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good luck with the job! I read the news: about severe weather in Oklahoma. Is everything ok in your town?

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful swap friend.
    Linda is a sweetie.
    Happy Monday
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. how fun!!! and how fun to go to your mailbox!!! I wouldn't even know where to start with a swap!!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    enjoy your goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Playing catch up and boy what a haul you made! Wonderful goodies!
    Enjoy Angie!!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow Angie you were very blessed! And all that Americana stuff is great to get you going on your livingroom!! I love Americana alot. Swaps are fun and very addicting!! watch out!! LOL Hope you're doing good Angie!! What cha making? Anything good and grubby? Thanks for sharing!! XOXO Love, Fran.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit ~