Friday, January 17, 2020

Booth Garland

I'll admit... I've been wanting to make a garland for me for years.  I have not made the time for it.  When I realized the almost 3 feet of space at the top of my booth was going to drive me crazy, I decided now is the best time for that garland.  So I got started.

My booth is 8 feet long.  I cut a piece of twine 12 feet long so I would have a 2 foot tie and overhang on each side.  Since our daughter is away at college, I used her room to hang it in and just work on it when I felt like it.  I didn't want to rush it... I wanted to enjoy the process and pick out each piece.  I wanted the pieces long so I shot for 28"... but some are 26", some are 32", and that's ok.  That's what gives it character.

It took a few months but I finally finished it recently and took it to my booth for a little renovation.  Our church was throwing away this awesome brick backboard that they used for a Christmas backdrop.  So I climbed in the dumpster and salvaged it. 😂 I screwed it right over the existing pegboard.  Two pieces and it fit perfectly.  

I then hung the garland on nails that I nailed into the 2x4's that the pegboard was attached to.  So quick, easy, and painless.

Since I already had an extension cord at the top, all I had to do was plug in the 100 count white cord light set.  Hung my sign back up and I finally have a nice backdrop for my booth... even though I did love the shade of sage green that it was painted.

A fellow vendor asked if I was going to sell this and make another when it sells.  No.  Not this time.  I'm going to keep this one.

This little beauty is full of love and all the types of embellishments that I cherish... lace, velvet, twine, rick rack, seam binding, muslin, homespun, burlap, and daisies. 😍

Now that I'm finally satisfied with the one and only wall of my booth, it's time to focus on the goods.  I'm chalk painting some pieces and crafting with beautiful spring flowers.  Can't wait to add them to this booth.  I have so much fun playing!

8 comments:

  1. Now that is a very pretty wall! Love how you saved the brick wall from the dumpster. I think people will be drawn into your booth just to take a closer look at your creativity. Hope you will share your additions as the booth fills up. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! That is very kind of you. I do plan to share my booths because it's a big part of who I am. Now that my kids are mostly grown, I have time to play and I enjoy it so much. Thanks for stopping by to visit!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE IT!!! The salvaged brick wall, the fabric garland and even your beautiful sign! Great job Angie! I need to make a fabric garland, I love them too. Thanks so much for stopping by to see me on my blog. I'm sure we have a ton of things in common! Wishing you a wonderful week, xoxo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog Dawn! I've been away from blogland way too long and miss it so much. It's exciting to find like-minded people to follow!

      Thank you for the sweet compliments, it is much appreciated! Now that I FINALLY made my first fabric garland, I am hooked lol! Have a fun weekend, stay warm~

      Delete
  3. Angie I love what you did, you talented lady! I would keep that too..
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly, thank you so much!! I went to your blog and thought I was following it under my "new" name... A Vintage Journey, but guess not. Anyway, it's sooooo good to be back in blogland.... I've missed it so. Looking forward to getting back in touch with you!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I need to make one for my craft room!! Thanks for the inspiration I love to craft... Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me share this on your lovely blog, A neighbor of mine developed dementia & diabetes, then her husband died, no children or family nearby. I am thankful our closest neighbor, an African American woman, introduced Dr Itua Herbal Medicine, A traditional herbal doctor in which we purchased a herbal product for her through his Dr Itua online herbs store. A former social worker stepped in and led the way to place the widow in a care facility. We visit nearly every week until she finishes drinking Dr Itua herbal medicines, if possible. The two of us take simple games, puzzles, and matching cards to do with her, staying about 2 hours. Jenga, Trouble, puzzles 100pcs or less, 20 cards to match (total-not 40!). The fishing game where the fish open and shut their mouths as they go around is lots of fun! We sit and chat with her until she gets well again, then we pull out a game and the three of us laugh together as we play. We take a variety of things to do so that we won't get bored. She finished Dr Itua herbal medicines and she's fine now and doing better with the help of Dr Itua herbal medicines, Dr Itua cures different illnesses with his herbal medicines. Anyone having a sick person should reach Dr Itua email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua Cure Alzheimer's,Cancer,Parkinson,Hiv,Herpes,Hpv,Kidney disease,Diabetes,Hepatitis, We hug and hold hands a lot. Having two of us go together really helps. But I can go alone, my neighbor cannot, as she saw so much of this during her years as a social worker. I hope this specific list helps others in this situation.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit ~