Friday, October 9, 2009

A fun-filled weekend of friends


I had a most enjoyable weekend spent with many friends.  How can I ever think I am not blessed?  Friday/night and Saturday were spent with my friends that share the same love of watching our children cheerlead and play football.  There is so much joy in watching their little faces light up with such awe-inspiring school spirit.  When Amariah does that "herkie" just right, I can't help but smile and feel proud inside because I can tell by her beaming smile, that she too is proud.  What a blessing to see so many parents take time off from their mostly over-loaded schedules to come out and partake of their child's day.

Saturday evening and Sunday were spent with special friends, both old and new.  I really can't remember the last time I had such an enjoyable night surrounded by so many great friends!  (Except for the nights that the girls get away with no men or kids... but that doesn't happen often enough!).  It is so nice to be able to be serious one minute, laugh your head off the next minute.  It is especially nice when you can poke fun of each other and everyone still has a great time without being offended.  What a gorgeous night God blessed us with!  I enjoyed walking to each other's homes in the beautiful, serene night air.  I could have stayed by the fire all night long.  I almost did... I almost fell asleep in my chair.  I so love the outdoors!  Sunday was a great day to be serving God, our community and each other.  The weather was wonderful, the people were cheerful, and the mood was gratifying!  There really is nothing more satisfying than when a group can come together in unity and serve.  I adore our church family!

I am so very grateful for all the wonderful friends, sisters and brothers that God has placed in my life, at this very season in my life!


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by for a visit ~