Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My adventure with my little guy


What beautiful autumn days we are enjoying!  For some odd reason, I picked this time of year to pull every single thing out of my craft/laundry room, paint the room, and organize every single thing before it goes back into the room.  Why now?  This is the busiest time of the year for me with birthdays, Halloween, Drum Day.  Even work is crazier.

Even with all the craziness, I was not about to let a gorgeous autumn day pass me by.  God blessed us with the beauty of His creation for a reason-- for us to get out there and enjoy it!

So Robbie and I get outside and enjoy the sunshine!



As we take off down our little country road...



...we marvel at the stately Oaks...



...as we stop off at the bridge to throw leaves into the water.



Then we head on down the road on our delightful walk.



Swinging on the grapevine is a must on our country road.



Ah yes, Buzz Lightyear and Alien accompanied us on our walk.  Here they are taking a rest as we swing on the grapevines.



It has been three wonderful, blessed years that we have lived on 276th East Avenue.  We adore our little country road so much!



Oh, what treasures await us on our journey down the pathway by the creek.





Robbie with his treasures.  He picked out a leaf for Daddy, Momma, Ryan, Amariah and one for him.  He had some acorns and other goodies but he couldn't carry them all.  Unselfishly, he left them behind so everyone in his family could have a leaf.



Coming from our old house that we lived in for 11 years with NO trees, you can only imagine how much I am loving being surrounded by these massive Oaks!






Ok, ok, ok... enough already.  Have I told you how much I enjoy my Oaks?  =]  As much as I don't want to, it's time to get back to the chore at hand.  I'm thrilled God gave me a day to get outside to enjoy Him and my son.

I am grateful for the beauty of the land that God so graciously allows us to see.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the walk through your stately oaks. Nice fall post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining me on my walk. =]

    I DO love fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time well spent! Your photos are beautiful too!

    Love your blog header photo!



    (posted this to the wrong post earlier...sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cora! That means a lot to me coming from you-- the one with the gorgeous photos! I was drooling over them last night! =] I so love the texture in them, I love the primitive look! You do amazing work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit ~