Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sun dried Tomato and Mexico!


I found this FREE neat little tool on Sherwin-Williams website. You take a picture of the area you want to paint. "Mask" it off, and then select the color you want and it shows you what it will look like. The stuff hanging on the wall has been masked over because I didn't want to go in and tediously mask around it so I just covered it all.  Now mind you, due to monitor limitations the colors are not completely accurate. In fact, it almost looks rose in this picture, but it is really one of their darkest red colors. You get the jest of it. How about this for my dining room?


Or stay like it is...


I've been debating this color change ever since I painted the family room (the room off to the right in this pic) during spring break 09. I picked out about 20 color swatches of the dark red. Narrowed it down to one and taped the swatches to my walls. I moved them around all summer and fall. Then one day I just gave up and decided to leave it like it was because I couldn't decide. I am probably the most indecisive person you will ever meet in your life. Really, it is ridiculous!

So... here I go again!! Decisions, decisions, decisions!! I was going to buy the paint today, but ran out of time. Honestly and truly, what do you think of my 'Sun dried Tomato' wall color? Ditch it or keep it??

I have a little bit of time to think about it. Everything is getting ready to be put on hold. I'm going on vacation! Woo Hoo!! Except without Rich or the kids. So that's gonna be kinda weird. Next Wednesday, the 27th, I head out to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!!! Hello sunshine! I'm so excited, yet sad about leaving my family. My parents live in Mexico during the winter months. The first half of the winter they live in a village a little north of Puerto Vallarta. Then the last half of the winter, they move up to central Mexico (because the beach gets too hot, so sad!) to Guadalajara. Because of Rich's incredible flying benefits from working for American Airlines, I fly FREE! I stay with my parents for FREE! And while there, they spoil you rotten by taking you out to eat almost every single meal. How could I pass up an offer like this??

I'm so glad my parents have internet and a laptop where they live. I can sit out in the sun by the beach and keep up with my blogs!! =] Yes, they live that close to the beach. It is an amazing time, I've been there before.

Well, lots and lots to do before I leave. I have a home to clean (because I'm a freak like that.. can't leave a messy home even though my kids will be making a mess while I'm gone), camera to get ready, summer clothes to dig out (that's going to be nice for a change!!).

Don't worry; I won't be rubbing in the perfect paradise weather of 80 degrees. I'll just wait and post some pics for ya. Have a wonderful week ahead and I'll be checking in from time to time.


5 comments:

  1. I love that color Angie. I say go for it ! That's one of the tasks I'm finishing today or tomorrow....getting my living room painting finished. Got one wall done and 2 to go. Ohhh you lucky girl !!!!! You got an oversized bag I can fit in ? lol Hope you have a wonderful time. Soak up some sun for me ;0) Hope your day is off to a GREAT start and your tomorrow is even better !
    Prim Huggs n Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that color also Angie! I think it will look great! Have a wonderful time on your trip...sounds heavenly!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky girl! I like the red, but it looks
    kinda rose on my computer. I think it will
    look good! Thanks for the tip about S.
    Williams, I didn't know that...I have been thinking about painting some accent walls
    red, now I can check it out before I paint! Have fun on your trip! I will be looking
    forward to pictures :)

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to say "go for it"...I think the red color makes your decorations in that room really pop! I can't wait to see what you decide to do!
    Well lucky you...have fun on your vacation! I know it'll be hard being away from your family but try to enjoy your free time. It doesn't happen often enough for us moms!
    I'm glad I could make you smile with my post! Thank you for the inspiration! I do make a lot of my signs...you should go for & make some for yourself. I love making signs because they are so super easy to make. I like to use stencils & free hand my words...just depends on what mood I'm in...lol! The homespun blessings sign was made by my Canadian friend Becky...she does a great job!
    Well I hope you're having a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your room would look great done in that color! Can you share the website where you found that? I'm thinking about redoing our dining room too and would love to try that.

    Mexico?!? How fun will that be. Can you ship me some of that 80 degree weather? I'll pay the postage. :)
    Have fun! I can't wait to see pictures.
    ~Birgit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit ~